By recycling clothing and other goods, the Op Shop is able to assist those in need; indeed, sometimes in desperate circumstances.
Donations of clothing; personal effects, jewellery, small electrical appliances; tools; some furniture; books and other odds and ends are welcome – please phone and arrange a suitable time to drop them in.
In addition, the Op Shop has been able to use proceeds to assist such causes as the following:
- World Vision (a child in Brazil)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres – Doctors without borders
- Margaret Jurd College - a special school for students who cannot cope with the normal school environment.
- Exodus Foundation (Ashfield). Provides food, primary healthcare and crisis support to Sydney’s homeless and marginalised
- Uniting Church Frontier Services. A national charity working on behalf of people living in remote areas, which covers 85% of Australia. (Indigenous communities, isolated properties, mining sites and other remotely located communities).
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Cancer Council ( Biggest Morning Tea)
- Morisset High School Student Scholarships – A girl and a boy in years 11 &12
- SRE Teacher at Morisset High School
- “Church in the Trees” – Morisset Uniting
- Special Donations· Disaster Appeals and other needs as they arise.
‘The Branch’ Op Shop Saturday Celebration Openings
‘The Branch’ Op Shop volunteer run community service works hard to provide affordable clothes and things for those who most need them alongside a smile and genuine care!! We are also keen to have a few special Saturday openings for those who can’t make it through the week!! There might even be a sausage sizzle and surprises!!
Saturday 10th March and 14th April 2018
9am to 12 noon
What we do
- Create opportunities for contact with our local community
- Financially support the mission of the wider Uniting Church in Australia, plus many sponsorships
- Contribute to the costs of Morisset Uniting Church
The Branch” Op Shop phone 4973 5967
During trading hours 9.30am to 2.30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Special SATURDAY Openings
9.00am to 12 noon Sat 10th March and 14th April 2018