By recycling clothing and other goods, the Op Shop is able to assist those in need; indeed, sometimes in desperate circumstances.
Donations of clothing; personal effects, jewellery, small electrical appliances; tools; some furniture; books and other odds and ends are welcome – please phone and arrange a suitable time to drop them in.
In addition, the Op Shop has been able to use proceeds to assist such causes as the following:
- World Vision (a child in Brazil)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres – Doctors without borders
- Margaret Jurd College - a special school for students who cannot cope with the normal school environment.
- Exodus Foundation (Ashfield). Provides food, primary healthcare and crisis support to Sydney’s homeless and marginalised
- Uniting Church Frontier Services. A national charity working on behalf of people living in remote areas, which covers 85% of Australia. (Indigenous communities, isolated properties, mining sites and other remotely located communities).
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Cancer Council ( Biggest Morning Tea)
- Morisset High School Student Scholarships – A girl and a boy in years 11 &12
- SRE Teacher at Morisset High School
- “Church in the Trees” – Morisset Uniting
- Special Donations· Disaster Appeals and other needs as they arise.
What we do
- Provide opportunities for contact with our local community.
- Financially support mission of the Uniting Church (local, state and national) plus many other sponsorships.
- Contribute to the operating costs of Morisset Uniting Church.
The Branch” Op Shop – 4973 5967
(during trading hours 9.30am-2.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Extra Pre-Christmas Opening Hours: Saturday 9th and Saturday 16th of December, 9am to noon
Closed from noon Saturday 16th December - reopening Tuesday 16th January 2018