By recycling clothing and other goods, the Op Shop is able to assist those in need; indeed, sometimes in desperate circumstances.
Donations of clothing; personal effects, jewellery, small electrical appliances; tools; some furniture; books and other odds and ends are welcome – please phone and arrange a suitable time to drop them in.
In addition, the Op Shop has been able to use proceeds to assist such causes as the following:
- World Vision (a child in Brazil)
- Medecins Sans Frontieres – Doctors without borders
- Margaret Jurd College - a special school for students who cannot cope with the normal school environment.
- Exodus Foundation (Ashfield). Provides food, primary healthcare and crisis support to Sydney’s homeless and marginalised
- Uniting Church Frontier Services. A national charity working on behalf of people living in remote areas, which covers 85% of Australia. (Indigenous communities, isolated properties, mining sites and other remotely located communities).
- Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Cancer Council ( Biggest Morning Tea)
- Morisset High School Student Scholarships – A girl and a boy in years 11 &12
- SRE Teacher at Morisset High School
- “Church in the Trees” – Morisset Uniting
- Special Donations· Disaster Appeals and other needs as they arise.
What we do
- Create opportunities for contact with our local community
- Financially support the mission of the wider Uniting Church in Australia, plus many sponsorships
- Contribute to the costs of Morisset Uniting Church
The Branch” Op Shop phone 4973 5967
During trading hours 9.30am to 2.30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Re-opened since 16th January 2018
Apologies BUT The Op Shop closes in the hot weather!